Educational objectives of the undergraduate program in economics are defined as follows:
Graduates of the Department of Economics
1) Use the theoretical knowledge and applied tools they have learned throughout their education competently in the private sector, public sector or academia.
2) Use their expertise to form strategies and policies in order to contribute to the improvement of their institution, country and humanity.
3) Follow emerging theories and techniques and use these to improve themselves and adapt these new theories and techniques to their work.
4) Closely observe their environment and events. Using their observations and knowledge they build new models and techniques in order to make better decisions and policy suggestions.
5) When producing strategies and policies, they do not only take economic efficiency into account, but also take equity and ethical values into account .